- The cool, dry air pays a visit like an old friend. My skin is glowing but my eyes are tearing.
- I have a short prose poem in the fall issue of Unbroken Journal. It is ominous, as most writing is these days.
- Someone asks me, “What do you write?” I freeze. You’d think I’d be able to answer this by now.
- I finished writing a story told in fragments. It features potions and a garden. My stories always seem to feature a garden.
- I finished reading Cruddy by Lynda Barry. Brutal and beautiful. I wrote a micro review about it. Easily one of my favorite reads this year.
- I’ve updated my list of literary journals for LGBTQ writers, women, and writers of color. People still seem to use it as a resource and I’m glad it’s been so helpful. Unfortunately, I’ve had to remove quite a few journals that have gone defunct or no longer appear online.
- I’m getting married soon. Since there’s no bride, we’ve had to write a ceremony ourselves. There are no real traditions to inherit yet, no set rules. We are setting them down. I should write about this eventually.
- The cool spell will be gone tomorrow, I’m sure.
Leave a Reply