- There is a documentary about writers and what they define as “bad” writing, called Bad Writing. You can watch it here for free for the entire month of January. Give it a watch! Featuring a lot of different writers, including Margaret Atwood and David Sedaris.
- Want to know the specific name for practically every group of animals? Have a huge collection of collective nouns. The English language is indeed strange. A charm of hummingbirds, a parliament of rooks, an aurora of polar bears. Got to love it.
- Via Paper Darts, here are the most beautiful book covers of 2012. Really gorgeous. I can’t even decide which is my favorite.
- Via Flavorwire, the most anticipated books of 2013. Thirty of them, at least. Thirty is enough, as far as I’m concerned! I really wish I could keep up.
- The visual history of The Bell Jar‘s book covers: here.
- I don’t know how to feel about this quite just yet, but we are going to have our first ever bookless library. Based in Texas, the project is called BiblioTech and is being specifically designed for the digital age.
- Exciting book excavations! A man from London found a signed copy of Frankenstein in his grandfather’s library. Apparently it is only the second signed copy known in existence and it went on to sell for more than a half million dollars at auction.
- Writers’ Tears, an actual Irish whiskey. Should we be surprised?
- What if dead authors were forced to use social media? Here is an idea. I don’t know about you, but I’d be the first to follow Truman Capote on Twitter.
- Here are writers reading ten stories by Sherwood Anderson.
- Memorable writing I enjoyed reading this week: Girl/Box and Impact Sight and Our Bodies, Possessed by Light.
amariefoxJanuary 23, 2013 at 8:30 pm
My friend told me to watch Bad Writing this weekend! Luckily, I had seen this post beforehand and I so had some idea of what she was talking about. Anyway — I am looking forward to watching it when I have the time!
I miss your Carousel posts! xx
josephdanteJanuary 24, 2013 at 12:12 am
Enjoy, Angela! I miss your letters!