- The Millions covers a long list of upcoming books in 2014. Like I don’t have enough in my to-read pile already.
- This dialect quiz got passed around the internet quite a bit recently. I took it and was surprised how easily it picked out the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami/Pembroke Pines areas for me. Extremely exact. I guess using the term “sunshower” gave me away. I made my mom take it and she got areas in New York. Even she couldn’t trick it.
- Via Buzzfeed, Roxane Gay discusses how unlikable female characters are less socially accepted and more unfairly dismissed than unlikable male characters. I could not agree more with this.
- At Tin House, here is an interview with Laura van den Berg, whose book of short stories I am now making my way through. If you can find it, you should read “Opa-Locka.” Or maybe just buy her book, yes?
- Here’s some recommended reading from Judy Blume and Lena Dunham.
- And recommended reading from me: Every Year Is Comeback Year / The #11 Ranked Tennis Player in the World / Chain.